What?! A non-bookish post?! Well actually today I will be sharing with you all my goals that I have set for myself for this new year, bookish and non-bookish included so let us just dive into the goals. They are split into three categories: reading, health, and random:
- Have no set reading goal – I actually decided to do what many other booktubers and book community members have been doing which is to set my goal to one book so that is definitely something I want to do and have decided to do. It will allow me to slow down with my reading and enjoy the books more without me feeling like I need to rush to complete as many books as I possibly can.
- Reread the books on my reread list – probably won’t reread all of them as I don’t actually know how many I am going to end up being able to get to but we will have to wait and see. If you are curious what books I am including on this list just be on the lookout this month for a post 🙂
- Read more on my kindle – at least 50% of my reads for this year I want to be in eBook format to decrease how many physical books I am buying and cluttering up my life with.
- Digitalise some of my physical books – once that I think I might reread in the future yet have no interest in keeping in a physical format.
- Read 12 non-fiction books – I just constantly need to learn new things and grow as a person, plus I enjoy this genre so why shouldn’t I read more of it?
- No more physical TBR – basically I just want to pick up a book at a bookstore and read it as soon as I get it without having other books on my shelves that I haven’t read yet.
- Write/film more book reviews – I at least want to do 12 book reviews, I would love to do it for every book that I read but is that really something I can accomplish… hmmm I don’t know…
- Read one chapter a day – no matter how busy and stressful my life gets I can also get at least one chapter in every day 🙂
- Workout four times a week (or more) – this can be either running (I really want to get into running) or maybe cycling (I will have to get a new bike though as my old one got stolen last year), yoga or just strength training.
- Meditate 10 minutes a day
- Work on a self-care routine – which I want to dedicate my time to at least once a week as when life gets busy I tend to not really look after myself which is not good.
- Walk every day – my aim is to get 10k steps every single day!
- Develop a morning and evening routine – once I do I will film videos for these to share them with you guys!
- Wake up at 5am and go to sleep around 9/10pm – I just love waking up early and going to bed earlier 🙂
- Start meal prepping – even though I am vegan I still feel that for the past two years I haven’t really been taking care of my body and sometimes I overeat and make myself feel sick so I feel like meal prepping will prevent me from doing that.
- Make two new friends – I already have some amazing people in my life that I am so very thankful for, however I feel like I tend to seclude myself and at times I do feel lonely; I know there are so many amazing people out there and I would love to get to know two new people really well and count them as friends in 2018.
- Put £10 a week into savings – for travelling and life experiences.
- Make a to-do list every night before bed – I just love to-do lists and I feel like when I dump all my tasks I need to do the next day before bed I have a less cluttered mind meaning I can actually sleep peacefully knowing I won’t forget what I need to do the next day.
- Journal every day – another way I find I can do a brain dump and just declutter my mind, trust me I think and ponder a lot so I need to do a brain dump often.
- Blog once a week – I love being interactive with you through a blog as I feel like I love writing a lot and it means the world to me when you comment on my blog posts and we get a chat going 🙂
- Post a video once a week – I feel like one video a week should be too hard to do so hopefully I end up sticking to this goal, I already have videos planned up to April/May so I have no excuses!
What are some of your goals for 2018? I would love to know, maybe it will help me think of goals for 2019.
See you in my next blog post 🙂